Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My mum came up with this dish. It was supposed to make vegetables taste better when I was a kid. I think it worked!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 kg fresh green beans
- 1 can diced peeled tomatoes
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a non-stick and add garlic and onion.
- Cook until soft.
- Wash and prepare beans and add to the pan and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Add peeled tomatoes, tomato paste and salt and pepper and simmer for a further 10 minutes on low and serve.
This is a delicious way to prepare fresh beans. I did increase the garlic to 2 cloves and used a 15 oz can of diced cut tomatoes which were drained.