Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This may be served as a side dish or as a main dish when put over rice, pasta, or some other grain. Adapted from an Eden Organic Foods recipe.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sesame oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon shiro miso (more to taste, if desired)
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup or 1 teaspoon barley malt syrup
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons mirin
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 teaspoons cold water
- In a large skillet, heat oils and sauté garlic for 30 seconds.
- Add the onion and sauté until translucent. Add green beans and sauté 3 to 5 minutes. Dilute miso with 2 tablespoons cold water.
- Mix corn starch with 3 teaspoons cold water. Mix dissolved miso, syrup, mirin and starch together.
- Add to the hot beans, stirring constantly for about 1 minute until thick.