Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This may be served as a side dish or as a main dish when put over rice, pasta, or some other grain. Adapted from an Eden Organic Foods recipe.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sesame oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon shiro miso (more to taste, if desired)
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup or 1 teaspoon barley malt syrup
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons mirin
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 teaspoons cold water
- In a large skillet, heat oils and sauté garlic for 30 seconds.
- Add the onion and sauté until translucent. Add green beans and sauté 3 to 5 minutes. Dilute miso with 2 tablespoons cold water.
- Mix corn starch with 3 teaspoons cold water. Mix dissolved miso, syrup, mirin and starch together.
- Add to the hot beans, stirring constantly for about 1 minute until thick.
I loved this dish & it's really easy to make! I made it with green beans & broccoli. I added tofu and served over brown rice. I will be making this again very soon.
Great recipe! I didn't have any mirin, so I just used a little water and I used a bit more garlic than the recipe stated. I was also out of fresh onion, so I used 1 Tbsp. minced dried onion and 3 Tbsp. water instead. It was absolutly delicious served over fried rice. Thanks for sharing!