Vino Girl's Note:
This may be served as a side dish or as a main dish when put over rice, pasta, or some other grain. Adapted from an Eden Organic Foods recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sesame oil
- 3/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon shiro miso (more to taste, if desired)
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup or 1 teaspoon barley malt syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mirin
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 teaspoons cold water
- 1In a large skillet, heat oils and sauté garlic for 30 seconds.
- 2Add the onion and sauté until translucent. Add green beans and sauté 3 to 5 minutes. Dilute miso with 2 tablespoons cold water.
- 3Mix corn starch with 3 teaspoons cold water. Mix dissolved miso, syrup, mirin and starch together.
- 4Add to the hot beans, stirring constantly for about 1 minute until thick.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Beans in Spicy Miso Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 88.7
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 32.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hot pepper sesame oil