Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Rather nice beans! Can be made richer with the use of cream and butter, or calorie conscious with yoghurt! From Readers Digest : Quick And Thrifty Cooking In South Africa
- 500 g green beans
- 30 g butter or 30 g margarine
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream or 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- Bring about 2 cm of lightly salted water to the boil in a medium-size saucepan. Add the trimmed beans and cook, covered, for 8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain in a colander.
- In the same saucepan, melt the butter and cook the onion over low heat for one minute.
- Return the beans to the saucepan, add the sour cream and paprika, and stir together. Heat the mixture gently. but do not let it boil or the sauce will curdle.
I made these as instructed except for using smoked paprika and wow, we all enjoyed these!!
easy tastes great
Loved these green beans - so delicious! The sour cream really adds a nice tartness/richness to the beans and the paprika really compliments them too. Served them with a sauted red cabbage dish and rotisserie chicken. Made for Culinary Quest - U. S. Southern Region, August, 2014.