Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe copied years ago from a library book or magazine.
- 1 lb green beans
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill seed
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs, course
- Trim beans and slice them crosswise into 1-inch pieces.
- Cook beans in a pan of boiling salted water for 5 minutes; then drain thoughly.
- Season the sour cream with salt, pepper, nutmeg, and dill seeds.
- Toss beans in this dressing to coat thoughly.
- Use 1 tablespoon butter to grease a baking dish.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter and toss the breadcrumbs in it.
- Put beans in the dish and top with buttered breadcrumbs.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until topping is crisp and brown.