Recipe by didyb
OK, I admit that the green beans are just a vehicle for the sauce. Could also be used over steak with more sauteed mushrooms. From BH&G New Cook Book.
- 1 lb green beans, fresh or frozen,regular or french style
- 1⁄2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons cream sherry (like Harvey's Bristol Cream)
Directions See How It's Made
- cook beans according to package, or fresh (clean and snap) boil 20-25- minutes.
- Drain and return to saucepan.
- In small saucepan cook mushrooms, onion, garlic in butter about 5 minutes, til tender.
- stir in flour, pepper.
- carefully add beef broth and half and half.
- cook and stir til thickened and bubbly.
- stir in sherry.
- stir sauce into beans and heat through.