Recipe by Recipe Junkie
A delicious recipe from a church cookbook. We like this with almost any vegetable.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 -3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 unpared apple, cored and diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups green beans, cooked (canned are also okay)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together butter, honey, vinegar, salt and lemon slices.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly for 5 minutes.
- Stir in apple and onion to cook until apple is tender.
- Mix together cornstarch and water and add to liquid.
- Bring to a boil and cook gently for 3 minutes.
- Add beans and heat.