Recipe by kimbearly
i found this in an old family circle magazine. it has become a staple at easter. i serve with ham and twice baked potatoes.
Top Review by Chrissyo
I cooked these beans on top of the stove. I found that there was plenty of sauce so I served the it on a bed of spiral pasta with grilled ham steaks. This is a very nice way to cook beans. In fact I think that this recipe could be used as a main course with pasta and lots of cheese. A definite keeper. A tasty dish indeed. :-) Thank you...
- 1 lb fresh green beans or 1 lb frozen green beans
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 (8 1/4 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, reserve juice
Directions See How It's Made
- cook green beans till tender-crisp.
- saute onion and garlic in butter.
- when onion is soft, about 3 minutes, stir in flour and paprika until well blended and cook for a minute.
- if it is too thick add some of the tomato juices.
- cook till slightly thickened, stirring constantly about 2 minutes.
- add tomatoes and green beans, breaking up the tomatoes with the back of a spoon.
- stir till coated, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes.
- simmer for 1 hour on the stove or put in crock pot for 2-3 hours if so desired.