i found this in an old family circle magazine. it has become a staple at easter. i serve with ham and twice baked potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1cook green beans till tender-crisp.
- 2saute onion and garlic in butter.
- 3when onion is soft, about 3 minutes, stir in flour and paprika until well blended and cook for a minute.
- 4if it is too thick add some of the tomato juices.
- 5cook till slightly thickened, stirring constantly about 2 minutes.
- 6add tomatoes and green beans, breaking up the tomatoes with the back of a spoon.
- 7stir till coated, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes.
- 8simmer for 1 hour on the stove or put in crock pot for 2-3 hours if so desired.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Beans in Garlic Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 143.9
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 303.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 3.8 g