Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
Serve at room temperature or chill for wonderful picnic fare.
- 3 lbs green beans, trimmed
- 1 bunch scallion, minced (green onions)
- 1 (1/2 ounce) package fresh dill, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 cup walnut halves
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- pepper, Freshly ground
- Heat a large pot of water to boiling.
- Add the green beans and cook until crisp-tender.
- Drain immediately, then immerse in a large bowl of ice water to prevent further cooking and to retain the bright green color.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce: place the scallions, dill, parsley, walnuts, and lemon juice in a blender or food processor fitted with the steel blade; process until smooth.
- With the machine running, pour the olive oil in a t hin, steady stream through the feed tube to make a thick green sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste. Drain the beans and dry wit h a towel.
- Toss the beans with the dressing.
- Serve slightly chilled or at room temperature.
Wow, this made a LOT of sauce! I was expecting it to be more liquidy or glaze-y, but it really was a think paste that kind of gobbed all over the beans. I diluted it a little. It was really tasty though, really refreshing and healthy. The dill, lemon and parsley go great together. Thanks so much.
I had no fresh dill, so used dried. My wife was surprised how good it tasted.
sounds good thanks!