Recipe by ~Nimz~
This is one of the best green bean recipes I have tried and its so easy because you prepare it in the crock pot. This comes from my Crockery Dinners cookbook. Enjoy.
Top Review by *Parsley*
I'm glad I tried this. I don't really care for the "classic" green bean casserole, but this is different. It's much tastier and more colorful. (It has more "kid-appeal" too, because of the cheese ;). I used 98% FF cream of mushroom soup, otherwise I made this exactly as written. I'm glad that I found this recipe. This will be on my Thanksgiving menu for this year! Thanx for posting!
- 2 (907.18 g) package frozen cut green beans (I used fresh that we put in the freezer last summer)
- 118.29 ml finely chopped onion
- 113.39 g jarsliced pimiento, drained
- 113.39 g can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 304.75 g can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 354.88 ml shredded cheddar cheese (about 6 oz)
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 6 slice bacon, crisp-cooked, drained and crumbled