Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This is one of the best green bean recipes I have tried and its so easy because you prepare it in the crock pot. This comes from my Crockery Dinners cookbook. Enjoy.
- 2 (16 ounce) packages frozen cut green beans (I used fresh that we put in the freezer last summer)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 (4 ounce) jarsliced pimiento, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (about 6 oz)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 slices bacon, crisp-cooked, drained and crumbled
- In a 31/2 to 4 quart crock pot, combine green beans, onion, pimiento, mushrooms, soup, cheese and pepper.
- Sprinkle top with crumbled bacon.
- Cover, cook on low-heat setting for 4-5 hours or on high for 21/2- 3 hours.
- Stir before serving.
I'm glad I tried this. I don't really care for the "classic" green bean casserole, but this is different. It's much tastier and more colorful. (It has more "kid-appeal" too, because of the cheese ;). I used 98% FF cream of mushroom soup, otherwise I made this exactly as written. I'm glad that I found this recipe. This will be on my Thanksgiving menu for this year! Thanx for posting!
Absolutely wonderful. I used real bacon bits instead of frying bscon.
These were really, really good. I did not have any pimiento so I used some red pepper I chooped finely. Definitely will make these again!