Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Toh, these are quite tasty. They complimented tonights fried chicken very well.
- 1⁄3 lb sliced bacon, diced
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1⁄3 cup beer
- 1⁄3 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons grated onions
- In large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring the beans, beer, and butter to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon to paper towels to drain.
- Remove beans with slotted spoon keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, vinegar, cornstarch and onion until blended. Stir into saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add beans; heat through.
- Sprinkle with bacon.
Yum yum. I used a dark beer since it was specified. It was a very good side dish. Thank you!
Verry good. I used canned green beans as I am not a fan of frozen beans. I took diners advice and left out the cornstarch and we all really enjoyed these.
Tasty beans!!! I used canned green beans instead of frozen and used chopped onion, which I used alot more of than 2 teaspoons(love onions), otherwise made a written. Would definitely make again, but next time might cut the cornstarch to 1 tsp or just leave it out!! Thanks for sharing. Made for potluck tag.