Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
This recipe is from Chef Scott Tompkins at the Skye Restaurant in Phoenix, Arizona.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh green beans
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cut up while raw
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 red onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- Blanch green beans.
- Remove from boiling water and place in ice water to stop the cooking.
- Fry bacon pieces.
- When bacon is done, remove 3/4 of the fat from the pan.
- Add the blanched green beans to the bacon; saute 1 minute.
- Add red bell pepper and red onion; saute 1 minute.
- Add brown sugar; stir.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Tastes great reheated in the microwave!
Southern Polar Bear this was wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing your recipe with all of us. I used frozen yellow and green beans. They worked beautifully in this dish. What flavour, what texture, what a treat. My family and I enjoyed this dish very much. I definitely will be making this again soon, it has already been requested...Kudos
These were really good. I cooked my beans a bit longer ( I like them tender). The colors were so pretty for my holiday table.