Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
Found in the Toronto Star. The recipe was adopted from Rick Rodgers in The Carefree Cook
Make and share this Green Beans & Grape Tomatoes With Olive Vinaigrette recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olivada, store-bought olive paste
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 large garlic clove (minced or pressed)
- lemon zest, grated from 1 lemon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed, halved
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved if desired
- In blender or mini food processor, pulse olive paste, vinegar, garlic, zest and red pepper.
- With blender running, slowly add oil.
- In large saucepan of boiling water, add beans and cook until tender-crisp (about 2 minutes).
- Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Transfer to bowl of ice water and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Drain and pat dry.
- Toss beans, tomatoes and olive vinaigrette together in a serving bowl.