Recipe by Kim1
This is a wonderful dish and so easy to make. Wonderful for potluck
Top Review by nadia21420
this is a very tasty way to make green beans. I had to sub real bacon for canadian bacon and instead of drippings I used a combo of real butter and olive oil. I will use a 1/2 more onion and real bacon next time. I'm sure that would kick it up a notch! absolutely love the vinegar and brown sugar with all the other flavors! 1 more thing ....don't think I will buy CHEAP frozen green beans anymore. Thanks for the recipe. oh and i used balsamic vinegar instead of cider. YUM!
- 1 lb fresh green beans, cut into 2 in pieces
- 3 slices bacon, diced
- 1 medium onion, quartered and sliced
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Place beans in saucepan and cover with water,bring to a boil.Cook,uncovered for 8 to 10 minutes,drain and set aside.
- In a skillet,cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.Remove to paper towel. Drain,reserving 1 Tablespoon drippings.
- In the same skillet,saute onion on drippings until tender.
- In a small bowl,combine the cornstarch, mustard,and water until smooth. Stir in onion.Bring to a boil cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened.Stir in brown sugar and vinegar.Add the beans,heat through, top with bacon.