Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
As fast as you can heat a can of veggies you can have this special side ready to serve! I hate canned green beans yet this is one veggie my dd will eat without complaint. This forced me to find a way to make us both happy. Hope you enjoy this one!
- 1 (15 ounce) can green beans
- 1 teaspoon butter or 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, canned is fine
- 1 pinch thyme (optional)
- Heat entire contents of the canned green beans. Drain.
- Place butter in the bottom of a serving bowl and add DRAINED green beans, stirring gently until butter is melted.
- Sprinkle with parmesan (and thyme if using)and serve.
- NOTE: This would work equally well on fresh or frozen green beans.
Forget the butter ...Add bacon drippins and at least 1 Tbs diced onion
Great idea for canned beans - the thyme is the addition to change the flavor to be better. Good recipe. Using the shredded parm made it even better. Added fresh diced garlic.
These are soooooo good! The only change I made was to add garlic powder and lots more parmesan. We loved them! I think next time I'll try some fresh shredded parmesan, but they are wonderful as is. Thanks for a recipe we'll have often!