Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
The only way my family will eat canned green beans.
- Reserve approximately 2oz of liquid from each can used.
- Drain the rest of the liquid from the cans.
- Put the 4oz reserved can liquid in a fry type pan. Add large lump of butter. Bring to a boil.
- Add beans, salt and pepper,cover.
- Cook on medium high heat until nearly all the liquid is gone. Check on and stir. You may turn to a low temperature after intial boil and let it cook slower. They will be best if nearly all or all liquid is gone.
I'm giving this 5 stars, because for canned green beans they were pretty darn good.
Nice way to eat canned green beans. Hubby and I really enjoyed them but my youngest, who loves green beans, wouldn't eat them. I followed the recipe exactly as written.
Loved it! This will be the only way I cook canned green beans from now on.