1/1 Photo of Green Beans Dijon
This is our Thanksgiving side dish staple but it would go great with chicken or salmon. One of the great things about this recipe is that you can cook the green beans ahead of time and make the sauce at the last minute which usually helps with those holiday meals! This is a family recipe that originally came from my Aunt in SoCal. UPDATE: after reading reviews, I've increased the amount of chicken broth to make more of the yummy sauce. Thanks for the great feedback!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute bacon in large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Drain off all but 2 tablespoons of bacon drippings.
- 2Add green onions and garlic. Cook and stir just until you can smell the garlic or until the green onions are slightly tender.
- 3Stir in Dijon mustard, then reduce heat to low.
- 4Gradually blend in chicken broth, heating and stirring just until thickened.
- 5Pour sauce over beans, tossing until coated.
- 6Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Beans Dijon
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 85.9
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 5.4 mg
- Sodium 253.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 4.1 g