Recipe by Calista
This is a "make ahead of time" dish. But well worth the wait :)
Top Review by Julesong
A nice, zingy, spicy dish! I added minced garlic but otherwise made it the same. Very similar to my "Mom's Bean 'n Bacon Salad" recipe number 27952, but with chilies added. I'll have to try it both ways. :)
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped, hot chilies
- 1 (16 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 4 hardboiled egg, chopped
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 4 slices crisp cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 small onion, minced
- lettuce leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk oil, cider vinegar, salt and pepper in small bowl until blended; stir in chilies.
- Add to green beans in medium bowl; refrigerate, covered, 2 to 3 hours.
- Combine eggs, mayonnaise, wine vinegar and mustard in small bowl; mix well.
- Refrigerate, covered 2 to 3 hours.
- To serve, toss bacon and onion lightly with beans.
- Spoon into lettuce lined bowl; top with egg mixture.