Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
From "Cooking a la Heart"- Delicious heart healthy recipes from the Mankato Heart Health Program.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 lb fresh green beans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 3 dashes Tabasco sauce
- In medium saucepan, saute onion lightly in olive oil.
- Add tomatoes and cook until juice is released.
- Add beans, basil, tarragon, salt, pepper and Tabasco.
- Cook on low until beans are tender, 15 to 20 minutes.