From Bon Appetit, this is a simple and tasty side dish.
Make and share this Green Beans Braised With Tomatoes and Basil recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté until onion softens slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Add green beans, tomatoes, basil leaves, and 1/2 cup water.
- Cook until beans are crisp-tender, stirring and tossing occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to bowl and serve.
I used fresh green beans, tomatoes, and basil from the garden. Really enjoyed this dish. Full of flavor! Thanks! Made for 123 Hit Wonders.
Excellent veggie recipe! Super easy & the flavor combination was refreshing. The fresh sweet basil makes this dish really pop. There is nothing better than finding a veggie recipe that the kids will eat & this was one of them. It was a sophisticated adult recipe, but at the same time it had beautiful color & a sweet aroma that the kids couldn't resist. Thanks for posting. Made & enjoyed in Don's memory. Our thoughts are with you, lazyme!