- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup white onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs green beans, trimmed
- 2 large plum tomatoes, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf (packed)
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté until onion softens slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Add green beans, tomatoes, basil leaves, and 1/2 cup water.
- Cook until beans are crisp-tender, stirring and tossing occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to bowl and serve.