Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A simple side dish from Cook's November/December 1996.
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 236.59 ml tomatoes, canned, chopped
- 453.59 g green beans, trimmed
- salt and pepper
- 29.58 ml parsley, minced
- Heat oil in large saute pan over medium heat. Add onion; cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and continue cooking another minute. Add tomatoes; simmer until juices thicken slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Add green beans, 1/4 teaspoon salt and a few grindings of pepper to pan. Stir well, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until beans are tender but still offer some resistance to the bite, about 20 minutes. Stir in parsley and adjust seasonings. Serve immediately.
Very good combination, I just think the cut up tomatoes are to big. Next time I will run my knife through the cut tomatoes to make them a little smaller. Overall, great addition to a meal. Thanks.
I used a 28 ounces can of diced tomatoes. It's healthy and delicious :) Thanks Lazyme :) Made for Photo tag game.
Wow! I served this dish with Recipe #129345, and it was a terrific meal. The beans were cooked in a large skillet, and next time I'll just go ahead and add the rest of the can of chopped tomatoes. Flavorful, "al dente," just dog-gone good!