- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup tomatoes, canned, chopped
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large saute pan over medium heat. Add onion; cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and continue cooking another minute. Add tomatoes; simmer until juices thicken slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Add green beans, 1/4 teaspoon salt and a few grindings of pepper to pan. Stir well, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until beans are tender but still offer some resistance to the bite, about 20 minutes. Stir in parsley and adjust seasonings. Serve immediately.