Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen French-cut green beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can black-eyed peas
- 2 large ripe tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- Steam and drain the green beans and allow them to cool completely.
- Drain and rinse the black eyed peas.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- May be served chilled.
4 1/2 stars. This was pretty good. I used freshly squeezed lime juice, sea salt, fresh yellow beans which I steamed and canola oil to be soy free.
This was so simple and good! I only had frozen cut green beans and I ommitted the parsley. I let it sit at room temperature for about an hour and the flavor just kept improving. It was light and refreshing, and I think it would be great with fresh green beans. Will definitely make again!