Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
True comfort food......makes a complete meal.
- 4 cups water
- 1⁄2 lb green beans (about 2 Cups)
- 4 small new potatoes, Scrubbed, Cut in 8 pieces
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 5 slices bacon, cut in 1-inch Pieces
- 1⁄4 cup onion (Chopped)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In a medium saucepan, place water, beans, potatoes and 1 teaspoon of the salt.
- Over medium-high heat, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender.
- Cover and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a 12 inch skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon and onion until bacon is crisp and onion is tender.
- Drain off all but 1 tablespoon of the bacon drippings.
- Add beans and potatoes and toss until well coated with bacon and onion.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper and serve.
I used pepper bacon in ours and it was just hot enough to warm your innards! The flavors melded together so well. We loved it!
We really enjoyed this one. The bacon adds a nice smoky flavor to the beans and potatoes. I served as a side dish with a burger.
Excellent, delicious, true comfort food. I also added some diced garlic with the onion and bacon. Thanks for posting this wonderful recipe!