Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Dan Blair's weekly recipe club.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh green beans, drimmed (about 5 cups)
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 tablespoon peeled chopped gingerroot (use a spoon to peel the gingerroot, then chop fine)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 8 ounces sliced water chestnuts, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan over high heat, bring to a boil enough water to cover beans.
- Boil beans for 4 inutes. Drain and plunge into ice water to halt cooking; drain.
- In a large skillet, heat vegetable oil over high heat, swirling to coat bottom of pan.
- Stir-fry water chestnuts for 1 minute.
- Add garlic and ginger (don't let it brown).
- Add beans and salt.
- Cook until heated thoroughly, stirring constantly.
- Serve on a platter.
- Chef note: You can also leave out the water chestnuts and ginger and add a small can of Ro-Tel tomatoes and peppers to create a Mexican dish).
These were okay, but I don't think that I'll make them again especially with the amount of ginger ~ it was pretty overpowering. If I do make them again, I would reduce the amount of ginger. Made for Bargain Basement Tag.