Recipe by Luby Luby Luby
This is from one of our local chefs, John Folse. A great way to use those delicious Vidalia onions when in season. Cook time includes the chill time.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen cut green beans
- 1⁄2 cup sliced vidalia onion
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- ground cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook green beans according to package directions.
- Drain well and chill in refrigerator.
- Put onions in a small bowl and sprinkle with sugar.
- Cover and place in refrigerator to chill.
- In a small jar combine oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Seal jar and shake vigorously to mix all ingredients.
- Place beans and onions in a large bowl.
- Add crumbled bacon and cheese.
- Shake salad dressing again and pour over bean and onion mixture.
- Toss well and serve.