Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
A wonderful and colorful veggie dish drizzled with a delicious pesto dressing. Can be served immediately or chilled up to 8 hours. Vinaigrette dressing is also great on other salads.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh green beans
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup basil pesto (purchased or your own homemade)
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- Cook beans in salted water until tender, about 15 minutes.
- While beans are cooking, make pesto vinaigrette by combining pesto, vinegar and lemon juice.
- Slowly stream in olive oil, whisking constantly until combined.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- When beans are done cooking, drain and rinse with cool water and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, combine green beans, tomatoes and 1/4 cup of pesto vinaigrette, adding additional, if desired.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Perfect summer combination and I've used the dressing for any number of things since enjoying the green beans and tomatoes. Useful and delicious recipe.
This was a fabulous recipe, I didnt have cherry tomatoes, so used chopped tomatoes instead, I will be making this dish all summer.
Very tasty and refreshing summer salad, though I did find the white wine vinegar a touch strong for this dish. Next time I will probably use white balsamic or apple cider vinegar. Thank you Marie for sharing the recipe.