Recipe by Marie
A wonderful and colorful veggie dish drizzled with a delicious pesto dressing. Can be served immediately or chilled up to 8 hours. Vinaigrette dressing is also great on other salads.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh green beans
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup basil pesto (purchased or your own homemade)
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- salt and black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook beans in salted water until tender, about 15 minutes.
- While beans are cooking, make pesto vinaigrette by combining pesto, vinegar and lemon juice.
- Slowly stream in olive oil, whisking constantly until combined.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- When beans are done cooking, drain and rinse with cool water and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, combine green beans, tomatoes and 1/4 cup of pesto vinaigrette, adding additional, if desired.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.