Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
My husband came up with this recipe. It is probably one of the best ways I have ever tasted for making canned green beans fancy. Every time I make them I get rave reviews.
- 2 (14 ounce) cans green beans
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Drain green beans of all liquid.
- Saute chopped onion in the oil till translucent.
- Add green beans and cook covered stirring every so often for
- about 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes.
- Cook till tomatoes start to burst.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
I made this tonight as a side dish to your fabulous recipe Sully's Salisbury Steak. We aren't huge tomato lovers, so this didn't thrill us. Not to say it wouldn't thrill others because it was easy and very appetizing looking. It was a great change from the regular ol' green beans in a can. MERP'd for Spring PAC '12.
Very good, easy to make, and great way to dress up green beans. Drained the can of green beans in a colander and than dabbed over them with a paper towel. Will make these again! Thank you Lucky Chef for posting and Mr Lucky Chef for creating. Made and reviewed for Please Review My Recipe Tag Game.