Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is rather unusual to me. It is quite tasty and looks beautiful with other vegetables with its' Christmasy colors. The recipe was given to me by a friend but I was reluctant to cook it until she gave me a taste of hers. She says it is a recipe from her West Virginia grandmother.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 quart canned diced tomato, undrained
- 1 quart canned green beans
- 1 knorr or goya ham bouillon cube
- salt, to taste
- Saute onion and bell pepper in oil until onion is translucent.
- Add green beans, tomato, and boullion cube and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer thirty minutes.