Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe has gone thru many channels to be brought to you. This vegetable dish is both a visual and appetite pleaser. The original recipe is by Louise Fiszer.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup shallot, thinly sliced (or onions)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 lbs green beans, trimmed, cut into 2 inch lengths
- 2 cups corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh tarragon leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leave, chopped
- Cook or steam green beans until just tender.
- In a large skillet melt butter. Cook shallots or onion and red pepper over medium high heat about 3 minutes or until slightly wilted.
- Add green beans and corn and cook about 2 minutes until heated through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Combine herbs and stir in half of them.
- Remove mixture to a serving dish and sprinkle with remaining herbs.
- If using dried herbs, reduce to 1/2 tsp each and add a little fesh chopped parsley to the second herb treatment.
This is very good. It was the perfect light side dish for our Christmas Day ham dinner. Thanks for posting, Southern Lady!
I just knew a Southern Lady would know how to cook!!!!!...this is sooooo goood. Use roasted red peppers and everything else. Perfect with Chicken and Stuffing Casserole. YUMMMMM!