Recipe by Southern Lady
This recipe has gone thru many channels to be brought to you. This vegetable dish is both a visual and appetite pleaser. The original recipe is by Louise Fiszer.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup shallot, thinly sliced (or onions)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 lbs green beans, trimmed, cut into 2 inch lengths
- 2 cups corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh tarragon leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leave, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook or steam green beans until just tender.
- In a large skillet melt butter. Cook shallots or onion and red pepper over medium high heat about 3 minutes or until slightly wilted.
- Add green beans and corn and cook about 2 minutes until heated through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Combine herbs and stir in half of them.
- Remove mixture to a serving dish and sprinkle with remaining herbs.
- If using dried herbs, reduce to 1/2 tsp each and add a little fesh chopped parsley to the second herb treatment.