1/1 Photo of Green Beans and Sweet Corn
Southern Lady's Note:
This recipe has gone thru many channels to be brought to you. This vegetable dish is both a visual and appetite pleaser. The original recipe is by Louise Fiszer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup shallot, thinly sliced (or onions)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 lbs green beans, trimmed, cut into 2 inch lengths
- 2 cups corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh tarragon leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leave, chopped
- 1Cook or steam green beans until just tender.
- 2In a large skillet melt butter. Cook shallots or onion and red pepper over medium high heat about 3 minutes or until slightly wilted.
- 3Add green beans and corn and cook about 2 minutes until heated through.
- 4Add salt and pepper to taste. Combine herbs and stir in half of them.
- 5Remove mixture to a serving dish and sprinkle with remaining herbs.
- 6If using dried herbs, reduce to 1/2 tsp each and add a little fesh chopped parsley to the second herb treatment.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Beans and Sweet Corn
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 134.7
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 11.4 mg
- Sodium 43.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 4.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh tarragon leaves