Recipe by Gay Gilmore
This is a very simple side dish, that has lots of flavor. I like to serve it in the fall in winter because it seems light and fresh and still well-balanced with creamy sides. I made it up all on my own ;-)
Top Review by onecoolbarbie
I just had this as a side dish for dinner. I can still taste it. Yummy! I did add some butter to the olive oil. I made it with Bacon Wrapped Chicken #79944. All three of us loved this and the flavors went so well together we were in heaven! My husband loved this recipe I will be making it a lot. Thank you for posting.
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and slice the shallots thinly.
- Heat a sauce pan over medium heat and put the olive oil and shallots in the pan.
- Saute the shallots until caramelized, maybe 20 minutes.
- You can prepare this far ahead of time.
- Take the stems off the beans but otherwise leave whole.
- Steam them briefly until just tender but still crisp.
- Toss the beans with the shallots and oil and season with salt and serve.