1/3 Photos of Green Beans and Shallots
Gay Gilmore's Note:
This is a very simple side dish, that has lots of flavor. I like to serve it in the fall in winter because it seems light and fresh and still well-balanced with creamy sides. I made it up all on my own ;-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and slice the shallots thinly.
- 2Heat a sauce pan over medium heat and put the olive oil and shallots in the pan.
- 3Saute the shallots until caramelized, maybe 20 minutes.
- 4You can prepare this far ahead of time.
- 5Take the stems off the beans but otherwise leave whole.
- 6Steam them briefly until just tender but still crisp.
- 7Toss the beans with the shallots and oil and season with salt and serve.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Beans and Shallots
Serving Size: 1 (54 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 56.8
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 1.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: