This is a very simple side dish, that has lots of flavor. I like to serve it in the fall in winter because it seems light and fresh and still well-balanced with creamy sides. I made it up all on my own ;-)
- Peel and slice the shallots thinly.
- Heat a sauce pan over medium heat and put the olive oil and shallots in the pan.
- Saute the shallots until caramelized, maybe 20 minutes.
- You can prepare this far ahead of time.
- Take the stems off the beans but otherwise leave whole.
- Steam them briefly until just tender but still crisp.
- Toss the beans with the shallots and oil and season with salt and serve.