Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe I obtained from my favorite grocery store in Minneapolis, Byerlys. Their home economist gave this recipe to me as a serving suggestion for a dinner party menu. This is a nice, colorful and elegant dish to serve with any main coarse.
- Trim ends off beans. Bring large pot of water with salt to a boil. Add beans and bring back to a boil. Cook beans , uncovered for about 8-10minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Drain beans and plunge into cold water. Drain and refrigerate. Allow beans to come to room temp before remaining procedure.
- In skillet melt butter and sauté red bell pepper for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in beans, lemon juice, cashews, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat stirring for about 8 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to serving bowl.
Veggies are great as they are, but for such elaborate sounding dish this turned out to be sadly bland and common tasting. It does look deliciously colorfull, though.
Rich and delicious. Easy to have almost ready ahead of time if you're busy with guests.Loved it,Expat in Holland.