Recipe by Expat in Holland
This recipe I obtained from my favorite grocery store in Minneapolis, Byerlys. Their home economist gave this recipe to me as a serving suggestion for a dinner party menu. This is a nice, colorful and elegant dish to serve with any main coarse.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh green beans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup sweet red pepper strips
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup salted cashews
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim ends off beans. Bring large pot of water with salt to a boil. Add beans and bring back to a boil. Cook beans , uncovered for about 8-10minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Drain beans and plunge into cold water. Drain and refrigerate. Allow beans to come to room temp before remaining procedure.
- In skillet melt butter and sauté red bell pepper for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in beans, lemon juice, cashews, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat stirring for about 8 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to serving bowl.