Recipe by threeovens
The dressing for this salad is made with chile honey. There are at least 2 easy recipes in the database for it: Red Chile Pepper Honey and Sun Chile Honey. Don't hesitate to make it or buy it. You can use chile honey in corn muffins, French dressing, baked chicken, BBQ sauce, zucchini bread, etc.
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb radish, trimmed and quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red chile honey or 1 tablespoon honey
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large pot of salted water to boiling over high heat; prepare an ice water bath.
- Blanch green beans until they are crisp tender, about 3 to 4 minutes; drain and plunge into the prepared ice water bath.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat and add green beans, radishes, and garlic; cook, just to soften a bit, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in honey and season with salt and pepper; cook, until the vegetables begin to caramelize, an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a large bowl and let cool down a bit; taste and season with additional salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve room temperature.