Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This Cooking Light side dish sounds and looks yummy. Notice that you peel the tomatoes before starting.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups red potatoes, diced with skins on
- 1⁄2 cup celery (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 lbs green beans, trimmed
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro or 1⁄4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 3⁄4 lb plum tomato, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add garlic to pan; saute 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add potato, celery, salt, and beans; saute 1 minute.
- Add 1/4 cup water; cover and cook 5 minutes.
- Add cilantro or parsley, and tomatoes.
- Cover, reduce heat, and cook 4 minutes or until tomatoes begin to soften, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in pepper.
We loved this with our grilled dinner! The only thing I changed was I used halved grape tomatoes from our garden. CQ
This was nice. It had more flavor than I expected. The taste of summer vegetables not covered up with spicing. Didn't post a photo, as I accidentally put in 1 & 3/4 lb of tomatoes, not 3/4 lb. So mine was much more liquid than other peoples. I had to cook it a lot longer than the recipe suggested and even then DH complained it was too tough. But he likes mushy vegetables & I like mine chewier.
This is a very good side to any meat...we had a Greek grilled chicken with it. It has a very pleasant flavor. Made for ZWT # 6 - 2010