Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 25 mins
I love the comfort foods! Green beans and potatoes always reminds me of summertime and home cooking. When my father in law was living with us this was his favorite dish. I hope you enjoy!
- 2 ham hocks
- 2 lbs fresh green beans
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 lbs red potatoes, cut in quarters with skin on
- seasoning salt and pepper
- Simmer hamhocks in water for 45 minutes with lid on.
- Add green beans and sugar and simmer 20 minutes longer with lid on.
- Add potatoes, salt and pepper and simmer 20 more minutes with lid on.