Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I came across this recipe on thatsmyhome.com. It is really simple. Perfect side dish for any meal.
- Wash beans thoroughly. Snap off ends and remove strings.
- Break into 2 inch pieces.
- Peel potatoes and cut in half.
- In a large pot fry bacon, just until it starts to brown.
- Add the beans and potatoes.
- Cover with water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer on medium for about 1 hour.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- ****I also threw some onions in the pot as well. The onions added a little more flavor.
If you like to garden and grow your own green beans this is a good way to cook them. Now if I can only start growing my own New Potatoes! Try this with salt pork and it is good too!
Oh, MMMMMMM, this was delicious. I was surprised that the green beans cooked up that fast!! (Normally I boil them for at least 2-3 hours.) But they were delicious! I will be making this one often, thanks!!