Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
These are my husbands favorite green beans. A nice side dish with pork or beef.
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans green beans, drained
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- salt and pepper
- Cook bacon in skillet until it begins to brown.
- Add onions, cooking until slightly translucent.
- Add beans, stirring occasionally, until beans are soft.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
I love green beans cooked with bacon and onions. This recipe brings back youthful memories. I used fresh green beans and added just a touch of water to help them cook properly. Truly a wonderful side.