Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Vegetarian Times - Barbecue Recipe Mint, parsley and fresh ginger give this warm salad an unusual twist, while using both wax and green beans and different potato varieties adds contrasting colors that make the salad “pop” on the plate.
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 1⁄2 cup packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced (about 1 tsp.)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 lbs new potatoes, scrubbed and halved
- 1 lb green beans or 1⁄2 lb green beans and 1/2 lb. wax bean, trimmed
- Toast walnuts in small skillet 4 to 5 minutes over medium heat, or until nuts are fragrant, shaking pan frequently. Cool.
- Purée walnuts, mint, parsley, oil, ginger, lemon juice, garlic, sugar and salt in food processor or blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides of bowl once or twice. Transfer to bowl. Press plastic wrap onto surface of pesto to keep from turning brown, and let stand at room temperature for 1/2 hour, or up to 3 hours.
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook 8 minutes. Add beans, and simmer4 to 5 minutes more, or until vegetables are tender. Drain.
- Transfer vegetables to large bowl, and toss with pesto. Serve warm or at room temperature.