Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Spicy with a hint of sweetness. You can add as many or as few red peppers as you like. It depends how hot you like your food. I like mine very spicy. And the peppers I use are hot.
- Heat oil in wok on med heat.
- Add garlic and peppers; saute 1 minute.
- Add ground pork and cook until pink is gone (drain excess oil).
- Add green beans, water, fish sauce, salt, bouillon cube, and brown sugar.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cook on medium heat until green beans are tender. Add more water, salt or fish sauce as desired for your taste.
- Serve with white rice if desired--ENJOY.
Am eating this as I type. The flavours are amazing. This is the first time I have ever tried a green beans & ground pork recipe. I can't handle Thai chillies so I used red capsicum & some Thai spices from a grinder mix. What really impressed me about this recipe is the watery sauce, it gave so much flavour to the rice. Will be using this recipe again & again. Thank you.
This was really good, but I had a couple of problems with it. One was that it came out very salty using the amount of fish sauce in the recipe (I had Oyster Brand Nuoc Mam - it may be particularly salty, I don't know.) The other thing was that from the amount of water called for I got the impression it was to be eaten as a soup. Anyway, the liquid was very salty, so I removed the meat and green beans from it and ate them over rice. Without the salty liquid, they were very flavorful, and next time I think I might reduce the water and fish sauce in this recipe and make a kind of stir-fry with the seasonings here. This is definitely worth trying. Thank you for the recipe.