Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love veggies when they have Teriyaki sauce!
- 1 lb green beans, cut into 1 inch pieces (4 cups)
- 2 medium carrots, cut into bite-sized strips (2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds (can be toasted)
- In a medium saucepan cook beans and carrots in small amount of boiling water for 7-10 minutes (covered with lid).
- Drain and set veggies aside.
- Melt butter in pan and stir in cornstarch, adding the teriyaki sauce and water.
- Return veggies to pan and toss gently.
- Heat through and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
My DH loved these green beans and carrots, I liked them too but found them a little sweet for me. I will make them again but would use a little teriyaki sauce, loved the sesame seeds, nice finish.
First time I had teriyaki sauce on vegetables, it was delicious. I steamed them and then sauteed them in a little sesame oil. They tasted wonderful with the toasted sesame seeds. Thank you Cricket for sharing!
YUM!!! Made it almost exactly like said, but with steamed veggies instead of boiled. Added a touch of garlic too. Thanks for sharing!!!