1/1 Photo of Green Beans and Caramelized Onions
Chris from Kansas's Note:
This is one of my favorite ways to make green beans. I use canned beans for convenience, but you could substitute fresh or frozen with great results too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large non-stick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- 2Pour off all but 1-2 tablespoons bacon drippings.
- 3Add onions; cook over medium-low heat 35 to 40 minutes or until very soft, stirring occasionally.
- 4Meanwhile, warm green beans in microwave.
- 5Stir in vinegar and sugar into onions. Increase heat to medium-high; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until liquid is evaporated.
- 6Stir in green beans and bacon; toss lightly.
- 7Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- 8Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Beans and Caramelized Onions
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 86.5
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 3.1 mg
- Sodium 48.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 3.3 g