Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A summer salad to be tried.
Bacon Onion Dressing
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 lb green beans, fresh
- 1 -2 slice bacon
- 2 -3 tablespoons onions
- 1 quart water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- salt and pepper
- Prepare Bacon Onion Dressing. Cut bacon into 1/4-inch pieces.
- Sauté in a small skillet over medium -low heat until limp.
- Add onion.
- Sauté until bacon and onion are cooked through and tender.
- Wash beans and break off ends.
- Leave whole or cut into 2-inch lengths.
- Combine water and salt in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a full boil.
- Drop beans into boiling water.
- Reduce heat to a slow boil.
- Cook, uncovered, about 7 minutes or until beans are tender.
- Drain immediately.
- Toss with Bacon-Onion Dressing.
- Add salt and pepper.