Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Fast and Tasty veggie side dish. I do this dish most holidays. :) You can also add garlic to zest it up a little, but his is the basic recipe i use.
- 6 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 onion, sliced very thin
- 2 (10 ounce) bags frozen green beans, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Dice bacon and fry until crisp, drain on paper towels, reserve 3 tablespoons bacon fat.
- Add onion to pan, cook until tender.
- Add green beans to pan with the onion, cook for 5-10 minuites, or until beans are heated and begin to brown.
- Pour in vinegar, toss beans unitl coated.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Top with bacon and serve.
I used canned green beans instead of frozen but followed the rest of the recipe as written. We all enjoyed this. Made for Spring PAC 2010.
This is quick and easy & everyone liked it, too!