Recipe by A la Carte
When you've tried to follow a low carb lifestyle for a while, you like to come up with lots of interesting veggie combinations to make up for the lack of pastas and rices... This is where I got this - just needed something creamy and lovely to go with lamb chops one night.
Top Review by EllaMozzarElla!
I was intrigued by the ingredients of this dish, but I think the addition of cream cheese made for too heavy a side dish. Even if it were to be more of a veggie main dish, I find the cream cheese incompatible with the unique flavor of the artichokes. I will try it next time without incorporating cream cheese and maybe instead put a dollop of sour cream or farmer's cheese on the side. Thank you for posting the recipe. Later.. P.S. My husband loved the dish and said it wasn't too heavy for his liking!
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen green beans
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can artichoke hearts in brine, quartered (not oil)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 2 teaspoons butter
- salt & fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Sautee the garlic in the butter over medium heat for about 1 minute.
- Add the whole green beans and toss with the garlic. Cover and cook the beans until they are done.
- Add the artichoke hearts (I cut them into quarters)and sundried tomatoes. Cook until just heated through.
- Add the cream cheese (you may want to use only 1/2 the package, but I use it all).
- Heat until the cream cheese has melted and the dish is bubbling. Add salt and pepper to taste.