Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A very simple and delicious way to serve green beans.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, finely minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lb fresh green beans or 1 (15 ounce) can green beans, drained
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Add onion and garlic and saute until golden brown.
- Add green beans and cook slowly until hot.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in almonds.
- Sprinkle with cheese just before serving.
May I add my 2 cents? Simply delicious! I used fresh french green beans and followed the recipe exactly except...cooked the green beans until just barely tender. Then put them in with the onions, garlic, butter. Served with Cait's Mom's Chicken Mamma Mia #149892. Wonderful meal!
These beans are really addictive! I also boiled them a bit before adding to the onion/garlic mixture. The flavor was wonderful. I will definitely make these again.
I couldn't stop eating these incredibly beans, Luby! I took Bergy's lead and began this recipe by steaming my fresh green beans to fork tender. We like our beans a little more done than crispy. I used olive oil for the sauté and everything else was as you instructed for a terrific vegetable dish! The taste of the onion and garlic just made these beans.