Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
Simple yet elegant
- 1⁄2 lb fresh green beans (or frozen)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons toasted almonds
- salt (to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
- Steam beans for 3 to 5 minutes or until done to your liking.
- In a small skillet, melt butter and add almonds on medium heat until toasty. Remove from heat.
- Mix olive oil and lemon juice together in a medium-large bowl.
- Toss drained beans with olive oil mixture. Top with toasted almonds.
- Salt and pepper to your liking.
I think this is probably my favorite way to prepare green beans. Almonds browned in butter are awesome, and then tossed with green beans - sublime!
Simple prep for a great green veggie side dish. We served these with recipe #146830 and a baked ham for a great family meal.