1/3 Photos of Green Beans Amandine
I think I got this off a Diamond Almond Bag! Not Really sure! Makes green beans not so boring!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb green beans, ends trimmed, cut into 3 inch lengths
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup red onion, cut into 3 inch lengths and thinly julienned
- 1/2 red bell peppers or 1/2 yellow bell pepper, cut into very thin strips
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leave
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- fresh ground pepper
- 1Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
- 2Add green beans and cook until tender-crisp, 2 to 4 minutes.
- 3Drain immediately in a colander, then plunge into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking and retain color.
- 4Drain again.
- 5In a large frying pan, melt butter with the oil over medium heat.
- 6Add almonds and garlic.
- 7Cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 8Add red pepper and add red onions cook another 2 minutes.
- 9Then add green beans, and thyme and parsley; cook, stirring, until the onions are softened but not browned and beans are heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
- 10Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Beans Amandine
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.1
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 6.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 5.1 g