- 1 lb green beans, ends trimmed, cut into 3 inch lengths
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup red onion, cut into 3 inch lengths and thinly julienned
- 1⁄2 red bell peppers or 1⁄2 yellow bell pepper, cut into very thin strips
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leave
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Add green beans and cook until tender-crisp, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Drain immediately in a colander, then plunge into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking and retain color.
- Drain again.
- In a large frying pan, melt butter with the oil over medium heat.
- Add almonds and garlic.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add red pepper and add red onions cook another 2 minutes.
- Then add green beans, and thyme and parsley; cook, stirring, until the onions are softened but not browned and beans are heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.