Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is great for those who have been diagnosed with High Cholesterol, like myself.
Make and share this Green Beans Amandine recipe from Food.com.
- 1 teaspoon light margarine
- 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium vegetable broth or 1⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth or 1⁄4 cup fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 cup frozen pearl onions
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1⁄4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the margarine and swirl to coat the bottom.
- Cook the green beans for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the broth, oregano, and pepper.
- Cook for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Stir in the onions.
- Cook, covered, over medium-low heat for 6 to 8 minutes, or until the beans are tender crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a small nonstick pan, dry-roast the almonds over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle the cooked beans with the almonds and bread crumbs.
- Note: When green beans are in season, buy extra to freeze.
- Trim and slice the beans.
- Blanch them in boiling water to cover by 1 inch for 1 minute.
- Remove them from the hot water and run them under cold water.
- Cool the beans then freeze them for up to six months.
- Thaw and use in this recipe as directed.