1/3 Photos of Green Beans Almondine
- Carla -'s Note:
This is a classic American side dish courtesy of the American Heart Association.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim green beans and slice into 2-inch sections.
- 2In a large nonstick skillet, heat margarine over medium-high heat.
- 3Add green beans and sauté 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly so beans cook evenly.
- 4Add broth, oregano, and pepper; sauté for 20 to 30 seconds.
- 5Add onions. Cook, covered, over medium-low heat for 6 to 8 minutes, or until beans are tender-crisp.
- 6Meanwhile, in a small nonstick pan over medium heat, dry-roast almonds, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes.
- 7Sprinkle bread crumbs and almonds over cooked beans and serve.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Beans Almondine
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 65.3
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 93.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: