Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
Dress up your meals with this delicious side dish recipe — featuring slivered almonds.
- 1 lb fresh green beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup Fisher Chef's Naturals Slivered Almonds
- salt, to taste
- Snap one or both ends of the beans, leaving a whole bean (may cut in half in the middle of the bean).
- In a large deep skillet add water and bring to a boil.
- Add beans and quickly simmer (tossing beans frequently) for approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Drain beans; remove water.
- In the same skillet melt butter and add the green beans back inches.
- Cover the skillet and reduce heat to a simmer (turning beans occasionally).
- Cook on a low heat for approximately 6-7 minutes. Drain off excess butter.
- Add slivered almonds and toss beans. Lightly salt and serve.